stargazing

tisdag, september 26, 2006

I'm starting to like the Swedes even more. They're just such cool people, helping out everyone in need etc, especially their exchange student flatmate. (NOT)

This morning I got the weirdest wake-up I've pretty much ever had. At first I thought I had forgot to lock my door and that my door had slid open which it does sometimes (hence I lock it) and that my flatmates we're just being really loud outside. But then, at 0850hrs, two tough looking guys just pranced into my room and started speaking to me in Swedish. I had just woke up and couldn't make any sense of what they were saying. After a while they realised I wasn't speaking the same language, and told me in plain English that they were supposed to clear the room. What? One of the guys had a stupid smile on his face so I thought they had to be kidding (that, or I just look funny when I wake up? Thank god I don't sleep naked.) I kept telling them that they've got to be kidding and that they're not taking anything away, so after some minutes of conversation (who knows, might've been 30 seconds, I was a bit confused) they backed out of the room telling me that they were calling "Veronika" too see what was the problem. They went outside back to their car (took a picture of it, just in case), and in 5 minutes they were leaving. No apologies, nothing. Meanwhile, one of my flatmates (the only one I've talked to) happened to walk by my room and I told him that I was having trouble with some guys who wanted to take away all my stuff, meaning of course that should they come back, I might require some back-up assistance. Guess what he said?! "Well I hope they don't take all your stuff", went to his room and locked the door.






What is a girl supposed to do? These guys have a key to my room (well I suppose it's a key to everyone's room), they've had a good look around, know that I have a laptop and other valuables here. I might be paranoid here, but better safe than sorry. So my plan is to go to the International Office (they're actually open today, yay), ask people to help me there, maybe just some reassurance that this happens every day and there's nothing to worry about. We'll see how it goes...

So I'm very grateful for my flatmates. I believe one of them was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast, with a clear view of the door, and he didn't do anything about strange people coming into the flat, with their own key. As far as I remember, these guys didn't have any sort of company overalls or anything to identify themselves as workers of the "Allt i transport". I guess he wouldn't have said anything if they had just started to drag stuff out, including all my dirty laundry. What worries me is that this could've happened during the weekend when I was actually away or yesterday morning when I was at the university; I would've come back to an empty room, with no clue where my things are or who took them. Nice.. exactly what I needed to feel safe in this country.

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!!

1 Comments:

At 11:56 fm, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you got insurance?

God, btw, the Swedes sound like Finns. And I thought you'd be having fun in Sweden ;)

 

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home